You know what’s the best way to hunt down nocturnal animals like a coyote without it spotting you? Simply hunt at night. The blinding darkness will give the animal no chance to flee or to spot the potential danger.
“But how would I see it in the dark?” I can see that question popping up. Well, the smartest way is to equip your gun with the best night vision scope for coyote hunting. It will illuminate the entire hunting zone for you up to 200-400 yards. In this piece, you’re going to get ideas on 10 of the smartest night vision scopes we found on the market.
Table Of Content:
If you don’t have all day to read everything, here’s a list of topics we have covered. Navigate to your desired topic by clicking on the title.
- 10 Best Night Vision Scope For Coyote Hunting Reviews In 2021
- What To Consider Before Buying A Night Vision Scope For Coyote Hunting
- What Are The Advantages Of Night Vision Scope?
- How Do Night-Vision Scopes Work?
- What’s The Best Way To Use Night Vision Scopes?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Before you go into detail, here’s a quick comparison of the night vision scopes we have reviewed here.
|Sightmark Photon RT||Check Price|
|Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II||Check Price|
|Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes||Check Price|
|Vortex Optics Viper HS-T||Check Price|
|NightForce NXS||Check Price|
|Pulsar Trail XP Thermal Riflescope||Check Price|
|ATN X-Sight II HD||Check Price|
|ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart||Check Price|
|Night Owl Optics Night Shot||Check Price|
|Firefield NVRS||Check Price|
10 Best Night Vision Scope For Coyote Hunting Reviews In 2021
After a rigorous search, we managed to shrink the choices from thousands to ten Best Night Vision Scope For Coyote Hunting . We took multiple features into account in selecting these scopes. Stay tuned till the end to find out how.
1. Sightmark Photon RT
Conquer the darkness with the updated 768X576 CMS sensor of the Sightmark Photon RT. It comes with a high-resolution sensor built-in inside. This helps the device ensure a clear vision in total darkness.
With a built-in 850nm LED IR illuminator in place, you can easily see what human eyes can’t generally see. Especially at night time when it’s dark all around. Plus, its bright light resistance also makes sure you don’t suddenly get blinded by bright light.
It comes with a high-resolution 640×480 crisp liquid crystal display. It allows you to see up to a distance of 280 yards. As it can be zoomed by 2X the normal view, no coyote can hide from your sharp eyes!
Sightmark Photon Features:
- Built-in 850nm LED IR illuminator for better vision in different light conditions
- It comes with a video/audio recording option to see how you did after the hunting
- A bright display of 640×480 resolution for crystal clear view
- Clear vision reaches up to 280 yards to make sure you have a clear vision of your prey
- Comes with 2X digital zoom option to magnify the prey
The fact that you can see 280 yards effortlessly with the additional feature of using Wi-Fi takes the Sightmark Photon RT to a greater level.
2. Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II
If you are a particular fan of dialing turrets for a bullet drop and compensation of the wind, then you’re going to love something on this one. The adjustable parallax, laser-etched turrets, and the RZR zero stop is something you don’t find on every other scope.
It comes with a functional fiber-optic rotation indicator that can be used to keep accurate track of the turret position. The resolution of the extra-low dispersion glass makes sure you can see through the foggiest of objects with ease. Plus, it increases color fidelity, as well.
The XR multi-coated lens actively promotes high-quality light transmission. That’s what makes it a unique one. For a night vision scope under 500 USD, this one is surely a great choice!
Vortex Optics Viper Features:
- The fiber optic rotation indicator makes sure that the turret position is correct
- Multi-coated lenses can increase the transmission of light
- Waterproof and fog-proof build-quality of the lenses make sure you can see clearly
- Armortek coating protects from scratches, oil, and dirt. Safe to use in rough conditions.
- Made from aircraft-grade sturdy aluminum material
With an incredible build-quality of aircraft-grade aluminum and laser-etched turrets, this one is an absolute gem.
3. Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
The Vortex Optics Diamondback is a perfect choice for slug shotgun, big game, and brush hunting applications. It’s an ideal scope for shooting at varying ranges at any given time during day and night. So, no matter when you’re hunting, this one is going to be your pal.
It comes with a solid one-piece tube that has a pretty neat hard-anodized finish. This gives the scope a shockproof construction. Plus, it produces an amazing durability for long-term use.
Plus, being argon purged and O-ring sealed, the scope will hardly be affected by fog and water during its lifetime. On top of that, the lenses are further multi-coated, as well. This is to give you a crystal clear image, whether it’s day or night.
Vortex Optics Diamondback Features:
- Solid and durable one-piece tube with a hard-anodized finish for strong durability
- Shockproof and vibration-proof build quality for long-term use.
- O-ring sealed for fog and water-resistance and maximum durability in rain
- Multi-coated lens for clear and bright view all day long use
- Fast focus eyepiece for quick and easy focusing to hunt down your prey
When it comes to focusing and crystal clear vision, there’s hardly any alternative to Vortex. So, are vortex scopes any good?
4. Vortex Optics Viper HS-T
Another top-class production from Vortex is the Viper HS-T. This scope comes fully multi-coated with extra-low dispersion lenses. This ensure stunning resolution and fascinating color fidelity.
It comes with a 4X zoom capacity, which takes magnification to a whole new level. You get the benefit of the side focus parallax adjustment that gives you the precise focus you need. This also helps you get rid of parallax, as well.
The gadget makes it a stand out product with its XR coating. It enhances the light gathering capability of the lens to increase clarity in vision. Plus, the Armortek coating gives the lenses unparalleled protection, too.
Vortex Optics Viper Features:
- Multi-Coated lenses with super-low dispersion
- Comes with XR coating for enhanced light gathering technique
- Zoom capacity is 4X with side focus parallax adjustment
- Fast focus eyepiece for proper adjustment of the reticle
- Features repeatable finger-adjustable clicks
Its fast-focus eyepiece ensures stable focus on the prey with a perfect vision.
5. NightForce NXS
While very few riflescopes in the market struggle to ensure durability and strength, NightForce NXS comes with an Aircraft-grade aluminum body. This gives the device the perfect sturdiness and robust look.
The glass-etched illuminated reticles are there to enhance the clarity of your vision. It makes sure you can see your prey in great detail yards away without any effort.
Being fog and waterproof adds to the perks of the device. You can roam around in foggy winter or dive into the water after your prey. The scope is not going to get affected in any way!
NightForce NXS Features:
- Tactical-proved reliability in the build-quality for top-class performance
- Hand-aligned carefully crafted lenses for optimum vision
- Constructed from Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body for maximum durability
- Water and fog-proof coating to ensure safe use in all situations
- 56mm sturdy objective lens ensures optimum clarity
NightForce NXS series has been quite popular for its exceptional quality and durability.
6. Pulsar Trail XP Thermal Riflescope
Planning to go for a thermal device? The Pulsar Trail XP should be an excellent choice. Its 640X480 pixel thermal sensor project crisp and clear vision for an absolute clean hit.
It comes with 15 zeroing preset options. This means you can save for later, as well. This makes it a perfectly versatile device.
Getting a battery backup for 6 to 8 hours in a row is not quite heartbreaking. But there’s a hack, as well. If you’re turning the Wi-Fi off, you can get a better battery life, of course.
Pulsar Trail XP Features:
- 640X480 pixel thermal sensor to track down your prey like a pro
- Amoled display for clear vision to make sure you don’t miss any detail
- Color and brightness adjustment system for smooth clarity in vision
- Wi-Fi enabled video-streaming option for live streaming and later viewing
- Battery backup for 6-8 hours to support you all day.
Although it costs a lot, a detection range of 2000 yards with 8 hours of battery backup is a rare combination that very few would want to miss!
7. ATN X-Sight II HD
We have entered an era of modern tech. There’s hardly any room for lagging behind, even if you’re using a scope on your rifle. ATN took this pretty seriously when they designed the X-Sight II HD.
With a 1080P HD resolution recording option, you know how advanced this device is. Trace your prey as far as 1000 yards from you with the top-notch lens and zoom capacity. It automatically identifies the range with a couple of clicks only!
The scope can shift the impact point accurately. This is done by allowing you to calculate the ballistics in seconds. It highly increases your chance of hitting the bull’s eye!
ATN X-Sight Features:
- Ultra-clear lens for fog-free vision even if there’s fog all around
- Recording option at 1080P HD resolution to see what went wrong later
- Wi-Fi connection for HD live streaming to show your friends your hunting
- Vision range reaches up to 1000 yards so that you don’t miss your prey in any way
- Comes with a precise ballistic calculator to hit the jackpot accurately
If you’re looking for something that has traversed the default technology and entered into a modern era, then this one is a perfect match for you.
8. ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart
If you’re not satisfied with the 1080P HD quality of the X-Sight II HD, then the 4k Pro Smart will definitely make you turn your head. If you’re up for a night vision scope under 1000 USD, then this one is your bet!
The device comes with a 4k sensor with the patented Obsidian 4 Dual-Core Processor. This takes the vision through the lens to an unparalleled level. This is done by ensuring millions of vivid colors.
Not to forget the ballistic calculator that works behind the scenes. This makes it absolutely sure that you can hit your target accurately. It calculates the wind, range, angles, temperature, humidity, and many more parameters to allow the best hit!
ATN X-Sight Features:
- Ultra HD, 4K Sensor, coupled with Obsidian 4 Dual-core processor
- Ballistic Calculator for accurate hunting with an auto-pilot mode
- Dual streaming video recording system to show you your performance
- Long battery backup up to 18+ hours that supports you all day!
- Waterproof IP rating makes it a perfect pal for all seasons.
This is simply one of the most advanced scopes you can find on the market right now.
9. Night Owl Optics Night Shot
This one is perfectly named after the Night Owl. Because the Night Owl Optics Night Shot performs exactly as a night vision scope should. With three simple steps of mounting, sighting, and shooting, you can easily get familiarized with this gadget.
Take control of your pretty from as far as 200 yards from it. Using the 640X480 crystal-clear display, you can easily track down the animal from this far. Use the 3 times zoom to magnify your target for a more accurate shot.
Being weatherproof makes it a perfect choice to roam around with 365 days a year. No matter what weather it is, you can’t afford to stop! Plus, with its built-in infrared illuminator, it’s the best gadget to have for a night hunting session!
Night Owl Optics Features:
- Display comes with a clear 640X480 pixels for clear and accurate vision
- Range of vision extends to 200 yards so that you don’t miss your target
- Weatherproof construction for everyday use throughout the year for all seasons
- Comes with a built-in infrared illuminator to make your way through the darkness
- 3X magnification for clearer vision when the prey is far away from your grasp
Although it’s not the most appealing of all, it’s a pretty decent device to start with, especially if you’re new to hunting.
10. Firefield NVRS
And finally, we wrap this piece up with the Firefield NVRS 3X42 review. This lightweight and durable device is constructed from heavy-duty titanium. That quite tells you about its sturdiness, of course.
It comes with a built-in high powered IR illuminator for accurate vision at night-time. An IPX4 rating allows you to confidently use it in adverse weather conditions. Whether it is raining, snowing, or it’s the hottest day of the year – it still adapts to the nature!
The ergonomic design of the device makes it extremely easy to attach and detach it from the rifle. It comes with a quick-detach weaver mount for the same purpose. You can open and close while you’re running and walking.
Firefield NVRS Features:
- Made from titanium body for maximum durability and strength
- Water-resistant with an IPX4 rating can be used in rainy season
- Built-in IR illuminator for proper clarity in vision while hunting
- Quick-Detach weaver mount helps to attach and detach the scope in seconds
- Incremental reticle adjustment for brightness when there is darkness all over you
The Firefield NVRS 3X42 is full of features that you would love to use at an appealing price tag.
What To Consider Before Buying A Night Vision Scope For Coyote Hunting
So, you are up for getting a night vision scope for hunting, right? Here lie some of the factors that you can’t miss while you choose one.
The key perk of an advanced night vision scope is that it gives you the ability to see through distances. An ideal scope will let you look at the target from far away from it. Among the numerous options we have, the average coverage we find is about 200 yards to 1000 yards.
It goes beyond saying that you should consider the one with the longest distance covered for hunting down your prey from far across the lands.
Apart from the ‘distance covered’, it’s a great plus if you can zoom in with the scope. The ability to zoom makes it really easy to target your prey in a precise manner.
When you go hunting, you often fight against nature. That means it’s not going to be a comfortable experience hunting down a Coyote. In that case, the scope of your rifle should have the ability to cope up with adverse weather. Plus, it should resist water, dust, and scratch, as well.
As you’re going to use the scope on a rifle, it’s surely not going to be used quite softly, is it? That means you need to make sure that the scope is quite sturdy and robust to withstand rough use. Titanium-made scopes seem to perform the best, while strong constructions like heavy-duty plastic may work fine, as well.
If you don’t want to stick to the age-old design, you can always look for some additional benefits from the scope. Recording feature is such an option on modern scopes. It helps you analyze your accuracy and performance even after you are done with it.
What Are The Advantages Of Night Vision Scope?
There are a number of perks of using night vision or thermal for hunting.
- It conquers darkness and lets you see clearly through the night
- A wider view of the field ahead
- Let’s you zoom in to the prey more clearly
- Allows you to trace the prey from a long distance
- Some even come with recording and streaming in High Definition
- This scope is easy to adjust.
How Do Night-Vision Scopes Work?
Night Vision scopes basically work on two technologies – image enhancement and thermal imaging. Image enhancement collects all the available light in the dark and then amplifies it.
On the other hand, living beings emit some heat from their body in the form of infrared. The thermal imaging technology collects that infrared to turn it into an image.
What’s The Best Way To Use Night Vision Scopes?
Here are some tips for using night vision scopes in the best way.
- A hunting night vision scope should not be exposed to bright light as it is designed to be used in total darkness.
- You should practice getting adjusted to the device by using it in dark areas before you actually go hunting.
- Keep your eyes off the scope when you’re not targeting an animal. It will put pressure on your eyes.
- Give your eyes some rest at regular intervals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Coyote hunting better done at night?
Coyotes are nocturnal animals. So the density of the flock should be larger at night than in the daytime. So, yes, it is better to hunt at night.
What type of night vision does the military use?
The goggles soldiers use as night vision gadget is known as the Goggle-Binocular(ENVG-B) that comes with an advanced thermal optic setup.
Does night vision work in total darkness?
Yes, powerful night vision works in pitch-black darkness, as well. This means you need to manage an advanced night vision scope that uses high-quality infrared technology.
Is digital night vision any good?
As modern technology is advancing, so are scopes. The recent addition is the digital night vision scopes that come with HD quality display with recording and streaming options. So, it’s somewhat better than the traditional ones.
Can night vision damage your eyes?
No, night vision doesn’t damage your eyes. It works just like a regular pair of glasses worn all the time.
Is an AR-15 good for coyote hunting?
The AR 15 is, in fact, one of the best options for hunting Coyote. This is because it can shoot flat and fast, making it an ideal gear to hunt down Coyotes.
It isn’t easy to trace out the best night vision scope for coyote hunting when there are hundreds of options floating around. Plus, new and advanced scopes are emerging every now and then.
Still, I did go through the specs and perks of some of the most functional and useful gadgets and found out these 10 scopes we reviewed here. If you ask me which one to look at beyond the options, I would recommend Sightmark Photon RT for its amazing clarity and distance coverage. Try it out to know the difference!